Sunday, September 21, 2008

Iowa and Albertville

We decided that an end of maternity leave/end of summer get away was much needed for our family. This past week we headed down to Iowa to visit with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew. Following that, we headed back home through Albertville, Minnesota to do some shopping.

We had a nice time visiting with family and spending time seeing old friends that we don't often have the time to see. Emily and Bennett had a great time playing and spending time together. They get along really well. We also had a great time shopping - we got some great deals and came home with a van full of purchases!!

Yesterday we also we able to attend Greg's cousin's wedding. It was a great time and I had a blast dancing (thanks Christy!). The bride was beautiful, the weather was nice and the food at the Gates on Roblin was fantastic!!

Here are some pictures from the past week.
Playing on the car ride to Iowa.
Making music together.
Taking a ride in Uncle Dale's truck.
Having some fun at Pumpkinland.

Reading with Bennett.

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love your picture of your daughter in the truck. Isaiah loves "Mack" from the Cars movie so I'm sure he'd love this picture too.

Dale and Janelle Swager said...

That is so funny...my husband is the one with the truck and his one complaint about the movie Cars is "why did they have to use a Mack?".
I love the pic of Bennett and Emily reading in bed together. That was so cute.

Julie and Greg said...

I think the pic of the kids in bed is way too cute too - especially since they did it all by themselves!!