Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vacation

We are smack dab in the middle of a well needed break from everyday life. We decided this year not to really plan much and just spend some time at home and really relax. That being said, we have managed to keep busy.

We spent some time camping with some friends and their kids. We had great weather and the girls had a blast. We were with three other couples and between the four couples, there were seven little girls so it was a little crazy at times! We had a great time at the beach, Greg got some fishing time in with the lone boys and also with Emily and we spent some nice evenings around the campfire too. It was my first foray into the world of camping as well (at least my first one where I was in charge) and although there are some things that I would definitely change, I do think we will go again next year.

We also went to a water park in Steinbach this week as well. They have a neat little water park there that has both an indoor and outdoor splash pad and pool. The weather wasn't great so we stayed inside and went down the water slides, the lazy river and spent a lot of time in the zero entry area with Danica.


My parents are renting a cabin this year so we will be spending some time there with them. I will post pictures of that once that happens!

No comments: