On Tuesday morning at 1:36 am our family expanded - Danica Julie van Leeuwen arrived safely after what was a very short labour for me. I had some mild labour pains that had been going on all day but were nothing significant. Around 9 on Monday night, the pains became a bit more intense and by 11:30 we decided to head to the hospital. When we got there, I was already 7 almost 8 cm dilated. We arrived at the hospital just before midnight and Danica was born at 1:36 in the morning. The doctor was in an emergency c-section so there was no epidural this time around for me either.
Danica weighed in at 9 pounds, 10 ounces and 19 and 1/2 inches. She was an ounce heavier than Emily but two inches shorter - she looks like a little sumo wrestler! She's doing well and is healthy. She does have to go for an ultrasound next week to have her hips checked out - there is some clicking going on and the pediatrician wants to make sure there is no joint issues there. If there is, then she will have to wear a brace for anywhere from 6 weeks to 3 months so please pray that that is not the case.
We arrived home yesterday around lunchtime and have spent the past day trying to get used to a new member of the family being at home. I'm doing well, sore of course, but happy to be at home now with everyone.
Here's a few pictures and I will post more once I have a chance to download them off of the camera.



A very proud big sister.
Not even a day old yet.

4 comments:
Congrats! I just stopped by to see if you had the baby or not. So were you overdue or right on time? Did it hurt with no pain meds?
CONGRATS!! i too just stopped by to check if you were still hanging in there and was SO excited to see your new bundle was here!
also....where are you in NK?? just wondering if you are close to where we will be living.
I can't wait to meet her!!!!!
She's so CUTE!!! I'm so glad that Noah loves her so much....hopefully she doesn't get too sick of all the hugs:)
Post a Comment