Saturday, February 9, 2008

Missing What Might Have Been

I haven't really blogged about our third child that we lost this past year, mostly because it is a private matter for me, but there are times when I sit and wonder who that child was and what he or she would have become. I wonder how they would have fit into our family and I wonder what kind of relationship Danica would have had with her brother/sister. For the most part, I do feel a sense of peace about what happened - I believe that God knows what he is doing and that we are meant to grow and learn from this experience. Perhaps I feel at ease with what happened because we were blessed with Danica who is just a joy to parent.

Anyway, the other day I was doing some cleaning and came across a poem that a friend of mine had given to me just after we found out that we had lost one of the babies. I thought I would share it with you.

Untitled
Don't fret about me, Daddy and Mommy
I am one of God's lambs, most blessed
I'd have loved to stay there with you all,
But the Shepherd knows what's best.
Many dwelling in Heaven with me,
Waited years to enter in,
And struggled through a world of sorrow,
Their lives were marred with sin.
So, dear Daddy and Mommy, don't you sorrow,
Wipe those tears, and chase away the gloom,
I went straight to Jesus bosom, from my mother's womb.
Thank you for the life you gave me,
It was brief, but don't complain,
I have all of Heaven's glories,
And suffered none of earthling's pain.
As I leave, please do not sorrow,
Do not wish me back again,
From the bosom of my Savior,
To a world of grief and pain.

1 comment:

sdouma said...

Thanks for sharing, Julie...