Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Someone Gets It

Just this week I had the opportunity to talk with someone who has lost a late-term baby. I don't know why I didn't think of this person before, but they had thought of me and yesterday and this morning we had our first conversations.

For the first time, I feel like someone gets it. Someone totally, completely gets it. I was able to be honest for the first time in a long time with anyone (aside from my mother or Greg) about how I really feel. No judgement or condemnation - just acceptance because she has gone through the same feelings as I am now going through.

I think that God has put us in each other's path so that maybe, just maybe, we can help each other sort through and work through things. And for that, I am grateful.

As I know she reads my blog, I'll publicly say thank you to her for having the courage to start a difficult conversation. Thank you for your willingness to open up wounds that are still fresh and raw and to share and to help me. I hope to be a blessing to you as well.

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

What a gift. I have often felt alone on the journey of infertility and have cherished the conversations I have had with people who 'get it'. What a gift to be able to pour out your heart and know you won't be judged by those people.

Julie and Greg said...

I know - I felt so good yesterday after being able to "unload" a bit. When I first read her e-mail, it was like she was reading my mind. It was wonderful.